|Weekend:||240 €||240 €|
|Whole week:||480 €||590 €|
|Room / night:||64 €||85 €|
The railway of Bidasoa, better known like ?Txikito Train?, was born in 1.898 like mining train between Irún and Enderlaza. At the beginning it mainly transported minerals, although after the goods were many and varied: wood, coal, iron, even livestock. In 1.916 the line grew up to Elizondo and opened for the public service, becoming in a passenger train which joined Irún and Elizondo. This event was a big change in the life of the neighbors of the area of ?Bat´zan Bidasoa? where the train circulated.
Its route mainly passed by the left bank of the Bidasoa and it had a length of 51,5 km. It had 8 tunnels, some iron bridge and of the next stations and halts: Irún-frontera, Irún-Bidasoa, Arteaga, Behobia, San Miguel, Endarlaza, Zalain, Alkaiaga, Bera, Etxalar-Lesaka, Igantzi-Arantza, Espelosín, Sunbilla, Santesteban-Elgorriaga, Legasa, Narbarte, Erreparazea, Oronoz-Mugairi, Arraioz, mill of Irurita, Irurita-Lekaroz, Colegio de Lekaroz y Elizondo.
It was formed by four big and three small locomotives. The wagons were of any category and of the goods could take charges up to twenty tons. In its set, in 1936 had 109 waggons.
The postwar years were very hard for both refuel as profitability. In 1953 a great flood destroyed a stretch of 400 meters, which was a major repair job.
On 31 December 1956 it made its last trip.
Border village with a nice and quiet environment, next to the Tximista river. National price of tourism for embellishment and improvement of the villages. It is located 70 km from Pamplona, 40 km from San Sebastián and its beaches.
* Marked routes to the columbariums.
* Infernuko errota
* Azkua Mount.
* Aizkolegi Palace.
* Caves of Zugarramurdi.
* Lordship of Bertiz.
* Mill of Zubieta.
* Basque-French territory
Hiking, Cycling. Guided visits to columbariums